Monday, November 13, 2006

[DVD] Grey's Anatomy - Season 1

I rarely bow to peer pressure, but the insistence of Jo, kuka and Em that I give this medi-drama a try was too much. And, as is sometimes the case, my friends were right to nag me :)

It's funnier than I'd been led to believe, which was crucial to my enjoyment. The relationship stuff was involving, rather than painful and nauseating. It makes me glad not to be a surgeon, while being relieved that some people are. And every episode was personally affecting, in a "how would I handle that?" way. Only 9 episodes in S1, so I've yet to see whether a full stretch of shows in Season 2 will maintain the quality (and my interest).

1 comment:

  1. Glad you have made the plunge - you won't regret it, promise! Season 1 is realy just a warm up and while season 2 has elements that stretch your believablity to breaking point you just love the characters so much you forgive them. If you are a fan of Katherine Heigl then get ready to truely fall in love in season 2... :) I have just finished watching Roswell again on DVD - it had a lot of faults but damn I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete