Wednesday, May 03, 2006

[TV] Deep Space Nine

This morning I finished watching the seventh (and final) season of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, my favourite of all the Trek installments. I enjoyed it even more than when I originally watched all the episodes either on TV or on VHS tapes my sister bought, when it looked like WIN would never get through the whole lot. The fact that DS9 was always darker in tone (about half of it had a quadrant-wide war going on) and had so many diverse, fully fleshed-out characters made it seem more real a future than the other "boldly going" flavours. It was about imperfect people working together to better themselves and their world, rather than an already perfect civilisation encountering others who weren't quite so civilised. Each season better than the previous one, I'm glad this is the one Star Trek series I own on DVD.