Saturday, October 07, 2006

Mendelevium snaps

Typically for me, I woke up at 6am this morning with no pain and feeling pretty good... no, wait a minute, that's not typical at all... Of course that now means total uncertainty over my need for a CT scan next week, as I'm a bit dubious about miraculous recoveries (although currently grateful).

Anyway, I wasn't going to let that unaccustomed health go to waste, so went for my first proper hour-long walk in weeks, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I did realise that listening to comedy podcasts while wandering supermarket aisles is a good way of having people look at me strangely, as I attempted to stifle laughter.

Upon my triumphant return home, I watched Star Wars: A New Hope, the original theatrical version with 2.0 sound and grainy film stock now on DVD, and realised that it remains an awesome movie, having aged much better than me. Unlike the legions of fanboys who turned their homemade lightsabers in George Lucas' direction when he tinkered with the originals, I didn't have a real problem with the new versions, other than the fact that the old ones weren't available. Now that's solved, and everyone who managed to wait 10 years before owning the original trilogy can rest easy.

1 comment:

  1. hey I was one of those who couldn't wait and had to buy the original trilogy in the box set about 3 years ago =S
    Fortunately the boy was keen to buy the latest release, including the originals, so I didn't have to be outed as the sad sci-fi nerd that i may be (hehe) by owning the movies in several versions. In fact, we might have to watch that tonight - that is if I can convince him to take them out of the original wrapping (whose the nerd now!!)

    ReplyDelete